October 20th 2012. Water Damage Zone
Those who have experience the pain of a water leak in the past know the
headache and hassle of trying to clean up the mess, let alone worry about the
expensive repairs. Most likely if you were interested in this article you have
experienced a water leak. Unfortunately in our society we usually need to
experience a disaster before we will take the means to implement prevention
measures for such disasters. A water leak is one such disaster that can be
prevented, and there are some simple and affordable prevention options.
There are many reasons to protect your home from water damage. Hardwood floors
tend to be a major issue if you experience water damage. In most cases the
floor will need to be removed and replaced; this is also true for carpet. In
some instances water leaks are not covered by home insurance policies, and
almost always flood damage is not. However cleaning up a water leak and paying
for the bill to restore the damage done is the most heart wrenching issue of a
There are a few articles out there about different types of water leak
prevention options, here is a quick and easy to understand summary of the
1. Simple Leak Detector
* A device that is place in an area of your home where you think water damage
could occur, such as the kitchen, bathroom, or washing machine room.
* The device has sensors that will detect water or moisture and sound a loud
alarm to notify you of a potential problem.
* The device does not stop the leak, you must do it manually.
* Cost ranges usually from $15-99 per unit.
2. Appliance Specific Leak Detector & Auto-shutoff
* A device that is directly attached to the water supply of a appliance such as
a washing machine, fridge, icemaker, water heater, etc.
* The device may sound an alarm when a leak is detected or it may not.
* The device will automatically shut off the water supply to that specific
unit. For example if you have a water heater unit and your water heater leaks
it will turn off the water supply to the water heater, all other appliances
will still work such as your fridge, washing machine, etc.
* Cost usually ranges from $99-$399 per unit.
3. Complete Detection & Auto-shutoff System
* A complete wired or wireless leak detections system for your entire house.
* Water sensors are placed throughout the house in every room or key locations.
* If any sensor detects a leak it will turn off the main water supply to your
* Some unit may have built in notification systems to page you or contact your
home security service provider if you have one.
Water Damage Zone is specializing in the following restoration services: